ATTENTION AND DEVOTION

 


ATTENTION AND DEVOTION - It seems so simple and rudimentary, when you stop to think about it - attention is the beginning of devotion.  But we are apt to forget it, if we are not careful.  One can go through the motions and rituals of religion by rote without really thinking about what they are doing.  But true devotion involves being mindful, being in the moment, cognizant of the situation and appreciative of one's relationship with the Sacred.  True devotion means paying attention - respectful attention.

Comments

  1. I was so incredibly happy to receive this. I have not gotten posts from you for a year at least though I was subscribed and so I thought you had stopped blogging. I am thrilled to be able to (slowly) catch up and to read your thoughts. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts